I am a recent Mechanical Engineering graduate with specializations in mechatronics and computer-aided manufacturing. I initially delved into 3D printing and modelling as a hobby to supplement my degree, but it quickly evolved into a strong passion of mine and is now my primary field of interest. I am experienced in mechanical design, CAD modelling, mesh modelling, sculpting, FDM/SLA 3D printing, and 3D printer troubleshooting and repair.
AG3D Manufacturing · Self-employed
Nov 2019 –
3 yrs 4 mos
Victoria, BC, Canada
• Regularly providing quality 3D printing and modelling services to various private and commercial clients in the Greater Victoria area.
• Fully designed, CAD modelled, sourced parts for, and assembled the AG3D Colossus, unofficially the largest FDM 3D printer on Vancouver Island with a 33.5" x 33" x 33.5" build volume
Reliability & Maintenance Engineering Co-op
Teck Resources · Internship
Sep 2017 –
Elkford, BC, Canada
• Designed a 900L coolant filtration cart estimated to decrease GHO‘s coolant consumption by upwards of 13,000L per year. This cart was fully CAD modelled and subjected to FEA simulations.
• Designed a pin extraction tool for Komatsu 930E steering arms, providing a safer and more controlled alternative to the established extraction method and reducing steering arm stress by 75%.
• Adapted, modified, and upgraded a VBA and Wenco-based work tracking tool for the running repair supervisor. This spreadsheet auto-generates shift tabs, emails out daily reports, performs automatic backups, and auto-refreshes at specified intervals for seamless tracking of running repair work.
• Covered the role of Maintenance Clerk for 7 weeks, a position involving daily preparation of all work order packages, tracking of equipment hours, entry of employee and contractor time card hours, and recordkeeping.
• Streamlined the role of Maintenance Clerk through the design of an automated equipment hours sheet. This VBA-powered spreadsheet massively increased the efficiency of equipment hours reporting, eliminating human error and decreasing the time commitment from half an hour per day to under 30 seconds per day. This provided over 3 hours of additional availability for the Maintenance Clerk each week, allowing for role expansion.
• Used SolidWorks to model various tools and parts, create engineering drawings, and perform FEA to verify that the parts met the required safety factor.
• Created KPI tracking tools for various equipment fleets.
University of Victoria
Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
2016 – 2020
Graduated with specializations in mechatronics and computer-aided manufacturing.