Description:I'm developing an electronic appliance for residential use, and am looking for help with the enclosure design. Specifically, I'm looking for help with the exterior design of the enclosure (i.e. just the shell); I can handle the detailed design.
The enclosure will be two piece injection molded, with a front and back. I've included cad files (solidworks and step) that captures the dimensions of the internal components and the minimum spacing between the components, along with the target distance of the components from the wall it'll be mounted on. The dimensions in the cad file denote the minimum size including clearance, but the enclosure can be larger if necessary (e.g. wider, taller, etc).
I've attached an example enclosure that is similar to the profile that I'm looking for. You'll notice that it has a softly contoured face, while the back half lofts down to a boss feature to allow for connection to a wall mounting bracket. I plan to use the same approach for mounting. The idea is that you can use the example for inspiration, although it is not intended to be a 1:1 copy.
1. The design must be symmetrical across it's vertical mid-plane (i.e. left and right are the same).
2. The design must have a single plane as a parting line between the front and back parts (i.e. the two halves must have flat faces where they meet).
3. Each part must be moldable, with ideally a minimum draft angle of at least 1 degree. No undercuts or sharp edges which can't be radiused later are allowed.
4. The cylinders shown in the internal components cad file must be completely contained within the back piece of the enclosure.
5. The wall thickness of the enclosure should be 4mm.
The deliverable should be cad files of the two enclosure shell parts. The design must be thickened to 4mm (providing surfaces only won't cut it). Ideally the cad would be native solidworks, but step files are ok if you prefer a different program.
Please let me know if you have any questions or if any more information is needed. Look forward to seeing what you come up with!
Wants:Designs will be evaluated on aesthetics, along with meeting the specific requirements listed in the description above.
#1 Enclosure shell 1 by Mecanikad
#3 Enclosure shell 2 by Mecanikad
#14 Jesser Enclosure - Design 2 by Martin Arguello
#2 Jesser Enclosure - Design 1 by Martin Arguello
#4 Enclosure shell concept for a residential electrical appliance V1 by Jean Marc Philippe
#30 Jesser Enclosure - Design 4 by Martin Arguello
#25 electronics_enclosure_appliance.stp by Karthikeyan A
#24 Jesser Enclosure - Design 3 by Martin Arguello
#22 Enclosure shell by Fadi Sayegh
Similar Contests on Cad Crowd
Quick/Easy 3D Rendering / Photoshop project for high-end home audio company's new product!
I would like to work with someone who can take my product images (high resolution JPEG images) and add/modify them to reflect a new version of our product. The deliverables will be high resolution JPEGs (modified versions of the ones that I submit for this project). Our product, "LIO," is a home audio product (see: www.vinnierossi.com). Currently, the aluminum top panel (top cover) is has no holes. We are developing a new vacuum tube preamplifer stage in LIO and there will be two vacuum tubes that plug into two sockets directly below the two holes added on the top panel. I need new renderings that show these tubes: - Front views - Angled views The vacuum tubes need to be show in correct proportion and must look as realistic as possible, even glowing (so it looks like this is still a product photo). The ideal candidate for this product will be well versed in: - Photoshop - Solidworks - AutoCAD - Any other software that can get the job done. I will supply the product photos and examples of what the vacuum tubes look like, and where they are to be located on the top panel. Once the rendering is completed for the front and angle view, then they can be used for all the different variations of the same product (with different front/side panel, top panel, and knob color). Thank you, Vinnie
Help me jazz-up a home audio component enclosure!
- I am attaching front and side panel drawings for a home audio component. - The location for the knobs and holes are to be fixed, but I'm looking to see a 3D model, with my logo added to the top-center of the front panel. - Add text for the buttons / knobs (I will provide the text, and you play with the font/size). - Front / side panels to be BLACK (with white silk screen). Also want to see the same thing with front / side panels in SILVER (with black silk screen). - Play with the beveling to give the panel some character, but nothing over the top. - No need to be concerned with the rear panel or bottom for this project. - Perhaps we can put the company icon from the logo on the top panel. I'm open to ideas. - I need help with the design of the two large knobs. They will be aluminum. Need a design for them. - Display shown on center of front panel consists of (3) 7-segment LED displays.
Personal Light Drone
Looking for someone to translate drawings into 3D models. Product is a personal drone that emits light, launched from a cylindrical housing unit.
Smart Parking Guidance System (PGS)
Smart PGS is a system that a device that is hanging off a rail under parking lot ceiling to monitor parking spaces using camera. It monitors 6 - 12 spaces (3 - 4 per side), hence two cameras. And it shows vacancy (Green) or full (Red) or special condition ( Blue ) to guide driver for a parking spot.
Bottle accessories / cap with hook
I have an aluminum bottle and I would like to design a cap which is similar to a reusable bottle cap (hydroflask, etc...)