Senior level Mechanical Engineer with 10+ years of design experience. I have a full time position, but would love to use my experience and expertise to help you bring ideas to life.
Mechanical Project Engineer
Universal Motion Components · Full-time
Jul 2019 –
3 yrs 9 mos
Costa Mesa, CA, United States
- Re-design a critical flagship UMC product, creating a new towable gearbox to replace the previous version. Updates for the new design included aesthetic considerations as well as performing FEA (Finite Element Analysis) on Solidworks to improve durability and strength of the gearbox without increasing its weight.
- Using Solidworks, provide full Bills of Materials and drawings for all units.
- Develop and implement UMC's first full PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) per client specifications.
- Partner with our offshore (Korean) motor vendor and spearhead a new, rigorous Quality Control process, including documenting tool certifications, Gage R&R processes, and calculations of CPK/PPK data.
- Manage and serve as key administrator for UMC's engineering PDM (Product Data Management) using Windchill. (Currently leading efforts to transition to SolidWorks PDM)
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Polar Power · Full-time
Aug 2018 –
2 yrs 11 mos
Gardena, CA, United States
-Created top-down Bills of Materials (BOM) in drawings, from each AC/DC generator in its entirety, down to weldment cut-lists of individual metal parts that are manufactured.
- Provided full Bills of Materials for generator units.
- Initiated a complete restructuring of the manufacturing floor to optimize efficiency in building subassemblies.
Bakercorp · Full-time
Aug 2011 –
Seal Beach, CA, United States
- Designed and modeled parts, including large weldments and sheet metal parts, to be manufactured and used within electro-coagulation (EC) units.
- Designed assemblies and layouts of entire waste-water treatment systems, including water-flow piping, plumbing, and tubing.
- Designed 3D models of parts and assemblies, and 2D drawings of each and every part and assembly manufactured.
- Executed material cost analyses to ensure the correct type and quantity of material is used per given specifications of each product design.
- Managed all Product Data Management (PDM) of Bakercorp's technical drawings within the wastewater treatment division.
University of California Los Angeles
BS, Mechanica Engineering
1999 – 2004
Licenses & Certifications