I am a Mechanical Engineer by education and I am fascinated with manufacturing and design. I would love to help you bring your design to life!
Additive Manufacturing Engineer
Carpenter Technologies · Full-time
Jul 2018 –
2 yrs 2 mos
Reading, PA, United States
Responsible for management and execution of AM materials and process innovation projects in R&D group. Led several key projects including baselining material performance across AM platforms, identifying process variables and characteristics of interest, developing processing plans for novel metal materials, and retrofitting existing AM platforms with upgraded sensors and monitoring tools.
● New material work included: High strength stainless steel, tool steels, gamma-prime strengthened nickel and cobalt alloys, and others
● Assisted in the development of new data sheets for 12 Carpenter Additive metal materials (17-4PH, 15-5PH, 13-8Mo, 316L, 304SS, 718, 625, CoCrMo, HX, H230, H(hidden), 1.(hidden) - M300)
● Led implementation, team training and provided feedback to software development team a material inventory, location and process tracking, and material performance database tool for end-to-end understanding of power-to-part processing in AM
● Supported characterization of materials (preparation, microscopy, image analysis, etching, etc) and led discussions with metallurgist on material performance in AM
● Developed SOPs, maintenance plans and trained operators for AM equipment such as Optomec LENS MR7, SLM 125, SLM 280, Trumpf TruPrint 1000,and 3D Systems ProX 320.
● Assisted in root cause and corrective action (RCCA) support for Carpenter Additive production and R&D identified issues
● Software competence: Materialise Magics, 3D Systems 3D Expert, SolidWorks, Microsoft Office tools
Mechanical Engineering Intern
Pratt and Whitney · Full-time
May 2017 –
Hartford, CT, United States
● Organized a framework for Development stages of data management for the material properties generated from the additive manufacturing process to analyses the effects of the processing Parameters.
● Worked with suppliers to generate a plan for how to additively manufacture complex aerospace engine components.
● Developed plans with customers to utilize additive manufacturing for components.
● Worked with engineers on additive manufacturing machines to set up and remove builds from the machines.
The Pennsylvania State University
Mechanical Engineering , Mechanical Engineer, 3.5
2014 – 2018
Activities and Societies:
Entrepreneurship club, 3D Printing Club, Research experience for undergraduates, Undergraduate researcher (Magnetics lab and in CIMP3D)
In my studies I focused heavily manufacturing including design for manufacturing and design for Additive manufacturing.