Qualifications - Mechanical Engineering (HND)
• Heavy Mechanical Engineering industry - Design and Manufactures (Barlow’s Heavy Engineering), Mine Winding Plant (Winder Controls) (IMG Consultant Engineering), Forklifts (Hyster), Low body trailers (Hyster), Earthmoving Equipment Engine refurbishment (CATERPILLAR), Jaw and Cone crushing equipment (OSBORN), Mine Plant and Equipment Maintenance and Methods studies (SOMINCOR – RIO TINTO ZINC)
• Design and calculations, FEA, R&D, Welding Design, Metallurgy, Mechanical Engineering Drawing (Drawing Board, AUTOCAD and Autodesk INVENTOR – 3D), Project Management, Drawing office Management, Tendering, Customer Liaison, Technical Buyer and Purchasing, Technical Sales.
• Workshop experiences - Fabrications, weldments, machining, Equipment manufacturer (Home Appliances), CAM (Machining and Flame cutting), NDT (Non-Destructive Testing), Quality Control, Maintenance and repair.
• Large sized shafts, power transmission, Gearboxes, gears and gearing design, Hydraulics and controls, Hydraulic Cylinders, Bearings,
• Mine Winder Drum Design – Machines to hoist ore and mine-workers (300 at one time) from deep level mines over 2.5 Km deep. Drums design, Castings and fabrication (over 6m dia.), Breaking systems over 6m dia. All major parts designed for infinite life as human life at risk. All major parts quality controlled at different manufacturing stages to guarantee homogeneous parts. Sound knowledge of metallurgy and welding techniques required to choose correct materials.
• Helped develop Mechanical Engineering design computer programmes to improve quality and reduce design cycles. Helped prepare mathematical models for these programmes.