CRYPTOCURRENCIES AS PAYMENT METHOD

5 Replies | 3,214 Views
KP HARISANKAR
HI everyone. I would like to put forward a suggestion to cadcrowd management and would like to know the opinion of fellow designers.
I would like to have an option of "cryptocurrencies as payment and withdrawal method".While converting USD to  native currency using paypal, a lot of money is lost as exchange fee. Cryptocurrencies can be an effective alternative.Looking forward to all your responses.
MacKenzie Brown
Hey KP, 

Have you seen crypto payments used on other marketplaces/platforms as of yet? If so, do you know what system is most frequently used (i.e. https://www.stellar.org/)? 

Cheers,
MacKenzie 
KP HARISANKAR
Several mainstream cryptocurrency platforms like bitcoin, ethereum , xrp and stellar are accepted at several outlets and stores worldwide, but i haven't come across cryptocurrency as payment method in freelance market. Crypto adoption is coming up in a big way. Companies are trying to find a way to link their brand with the word "blockchain" so as to get better publicity and progressive outlook. I think cadcrowd can also benefit from the same.
MacKenzie Brown
Hey KP,

Thanks for the clarification, appreciate it. 

We'll check into these options. As our transaction volume increases on the platform + crypto become offered by one of our main online payment processors (i.e. Stripe), we'll aim to add it as an option for CAD designers/engineers.

Chat soon
KP HARISANKAR
Hi MacKenzie,
Great news. 👍
Tinko
I will like to also suggest if Payoneer can also be used as payment option.They are countries that you can't fully access PayPal like Nigeria.

In order to post an answer, you need to .