Contest update or replace files

6 Replies | 4,390 Views
Mart
Is it possilble after appending files to a contest to replaced them by a new version or add extra ones?
Adam
No. Your revised files will have to be a new submission.
Adam
callmeGK
Hello CADcrowd,

I am new to this platform and lately realizing the underlying facts and truths about the contests.

I was wondering If we should or not upload the 3d-design files into the submissions by simply uploading just the renderings and later upload the 3d files once selected. Please help me clear this question and the reason why I am asking is that If the buyer can access the design files how can he select the winner. He will simply go away with the 3d files forever and have the money back. Incase Cadcrowd has any platform for viewing the 3d files on the website by not allowing the buyer to download.

Thankyou,
GG
Lucian
Hi GG,

The buyers can't download the files if the contest isn't prepaid, they can see just the preview image. If the contest is prepaid, you could upload the files. Usually, there were just 2-3 cases per year when a refund was needed.

Hope it makes sense!

Lucian
callmeGK
Hello Lucian,

Does that mean if the contest is prepaid, buyer can view and download all the submissions? If yes, then he can simply say (many times) he is not satisfied with the project and ask for refund. Let me know If I am wrong.

Thanks,
GG
Lucian
Hi GG,

Yes, if the contest is prepaid, the buyer can view and download all the submissions. A refund can be issued just if the submissions have inaccurate dimensions or don't accomplish a clearly defined function. All the entries will be verified by our project engineer if that's the case.

Lucian
callmeGK
Thank you Lucian. It gave me a clear picture of the model.

Thanks,
GG

In order to post an answer, you need to .