Description:I want to build a 3d printing machine out of 1/4” plywood and wooden dowels. To win the prize, I need a 3d rendering, a explosion picture of the system and a dxf or dwg file showing all the parts laid out for cutting by a cnc machine.
The goal is to Repstrap a 3d printer similar to the Wally.
The first thing to do is review the Wally blog at forums.reprap.org/read.php
The next thing to review is the git hub site. github.com/NicholasSeward/ConceptFORGE/tree/master/Wally
This has all the files for dimensions and parts needed
This will be the starting point, nothing is set in stone, If you need things to be bigger or smaller, that is ok.
1. I have included a variety of pictures and ideas. Use them as you wish.
2. I see the arms built out of 3 layers of plywood. Bearing on top, bearing on bottom and the middle piece has a smaller diameter hole to keep bearings from falling through. Ply wood dowels should be used for indexing assembly.
3. Bearings are being used for both smooth motion and rigidity.
4. The frame and table should be tabbed so that the parts push together and self align.
5. The back is to be 2 layers. For a total of 1/2”. The back should be inset a 1/4” to allow for a future modification.
6. All parts that can ( brackets) should be tabbed to self align and position.
7. I would like to be able to flip one of the arms and have it line up with the other arm. This is for a future change to add a central carrier. (like in the original design)
8. Shaft connections to motors need to be figured out
9. To tighten the fishing line, I will be using guitat pegs. There needs to be a hole for a dowel to lock in position.
10. I would like to get all the pieces on the front side of the printer. If dimensions need to be made to frame, that is fine.
11. Bed will be multiple layers. There should be a bottom, a ring to open center to 1/2” (for a heated bed) and a pice of glass will sit on top of this.
12. Pulley to arm attachment. I have a couple of ides on this. One is to use a dowel into a bearing another is to tighten the bolt and then have a plywood key that fits around outside of bolt and keys into pulley or arm.
13. The bearings are cheap. If an extra bearing makes something easier, use it.
14. File will be cut using an 1/8th inch bit. Adjust slots for this. (ie. Add a 1/16th of an inch to each side
I am sure there will be lots of questions.
I will answer them as they come up.
I will also send a kit (plywood and bearings) to the winner.
Wants:I want a set of pieces I can cut out on a cnc machine. Originality and Creativity and the ability to tweak the design are needed
Ask for Sample:3d model, explosion view and dxf. Although I checked autocad, you can use whatever you want as long as I can open files with a free or opensource viewer
#1 Wooden 3D Printer by CAD SPARKLES
#2 Wooden 3D Printer by CAD SPARKLES
#6 Wooden 3D Printer by CAD SPARKLES
Similar Contests on Cad Crowd
Phone Case with some mechanics
The case needs to be a functional case with two tracks: BASIC IDEA MODEL LOCATED BELOW (non-proportionate) The phone measures 123.8mm x 58.6 mm x 7.6mm The phone is an iPhone 5s The screen which is inches measured 4 inches diagonally must be unlocked on BOTH sides of the case i.e. (if I was to talk the phone out and flip it in the other side of the case the screen wouldn't be covered). The side where the power button is should have nothing on to of it. the tracks need to be 4 inches long with a 3 inch track inside the 4 inch track (Radio antenna idea). The tracks need to be hinged so that they can both stand up 90 degrees of the case and lay flat (it's okay if they cover the back open area). there needs to be a wheel inside the track that moves up and down the track vertically the wheel needs to connect outside somehow (like below) the wheel needs to follow the track to the bottom of the platform where the wheel will sit so that the hinged track does not hold the wheel when it lays down. any futuristic or modern design is accepted, however creative aspects are totally left to you as long as the design is functional.
Ez 3D Printer
i need the casing design to house the conceptual mechanical mechanism, aim of the 3D printer Robust, aesthetic and functional, very easy to use, a must have for anyone who wants to experience 3D Printing; almost all parts are 3D printed;
Smart Water Carafe
- a glass Water Carafe that does not drip upon pouring - a smart lid that covers it up the glass part, which could block lemon slices / fruits from flowing out. It blocks dust from going in when its rested. - lid made with a combination of ABS resin, stainless steel, and silicone. Could be poured in 360 degrees all directions, and you don't have to open the lid while pouring. - prefer to have same functions / aesthetic like the Menu / Kinto water carafe - 3 sizes, 0.7L, 1L, 1.3L. Best to share 3 sizes of tubs with 1 single lid. But not a must. - Body made of boro-silicate glass, which is mouth blown - Can be lifted / held by one hand. So a reasonable diameter is required. - Dishwasher safe, no glueing.
Blank Case - iPhone Case Design with AutoCAD
Hello, I have a Iphone 5 case design. I need it done in cad in order to get a quote on manufacturing the prototype, the case has four layers three of which have two parts. I need to get started on this ASAP. Thank you
Re-Design Pool Pump Housing
We are looking to make the outside of our pool pump more aesthetically pleasing by adding our logo, color and design elements to the outside pump housing. We could go with a more rounded look to the pump vs. the straight line look. We do need to use the same lid which is used on our current design so the area where the lid attaches needs to be unchanged, the same will go for the area where the motor attaches to the pump housing. Integrate our Logo and Orange and Blue Colors into housing.