Description:Schools and colleges are under pressure to re-open after the Coronavirus lockdown temporarily shifted classes online. This can present a unique challenge for crowded classroom settings and the educational institutions will need to adapt.
We believe the Cad Crowd community can help slow the spread with open-source product designs specific to the educational environment. This virus prevention contest is a follow-up to the May challenge for the workplace and public spaces ( www.cadcrowd.com/contest/2332-covid-19-coronavirus-product-design-and-3d )
The latest FDA advisory suggests that COVID-19 spreads mainly from person to person, typically through respiratory droplets from coughing, sneezing, or talking. Experts indicate the risk of infection can be reduced with masks, physical distance, and barriers between individuals in spaces where groups of students gather.
The goal for this contest is to create open-source designs shared under Creative Commons that can be affordably produced with 3D printing and/or off-the-shelf components (pre-made parts, plexiglass, etc.).
Wants:The contest is open to designs that involve barriers, modular walls, or ideas that encourage social distancing in schools. Locations may include classrooms, hallways, gyms, cafeterias, libraries, etc. Specific ideas are barriers/modular walls for desks, lockers, urinals, waiting areas, cafeteria tables, one-way barriers for halls. In addition, you may want to include clips to hold the barriers in place that can be created with 3D printing or readily available components.
Refer to the contest attachment for photos to help you get started on your winning design.
Please submit your design entry with images, a neutral CAD file format (.igs, .stp, .fbx, .obj, .x3d, etc.) and a native file format if applicable (e.g. SolidWorks, Inventor, CATIA, Creo, NX, 3ds Max, etc.). Also, please upload your entry as a downloadable file onto the CAD library, so others can view and download designs - www.cadcrowd.com/3d-models/new
All community members that submit a high-quality design receive 50 bonus points on the leaderboard. We’re also aiming for corporate sponsorship to increase the prize value and number of prizes for this contest.
We appreciate your participation in this challenge to help safely re-open schools by Fall.
Additional InformationHi All,
Send me a message if you're concerned that your design has been imitated by another user.
*Note: Cad Crowd does not guarantee that design entries will prevent transmission of the Coronavirus/SARS-CoV-2.
#55 Roller Shield by CjOY
#52 COVID-19 Classroom Safety Challenge by Saurabhverma
#84 Bracket For Mobile Barrier by Insan Gunawan
- Autodesk Inventor 2020 — Bracket for mobile barrier
- STL Modeling 2020 — square end wheel bracket
- STL Modeling 2020 — split bracket - half
- STL Modeling 2020 — slide in bracket
- STEP/STP 3D Modeling 2020 — square end wheel bracket
- STEP/STP 3D Modeling 2020 — split bracket - half
- STEP/STP 3D Modeling 2020 — slide in bracket
#30 Acrylic sheet support 3 - stackable by Rishi reddy
- SolidWorks 2018 — acrylic sheet support 3-stackable
- SolidWorks 2018 — acrylic sheet support 3- assembly
- SolidWorks 20018 — acrylic sheet support 3- Config.
- SolidWorks 2018 — acrylic sheet
- SolidWorks 2018 — acrylic sheet support 3- stack
- SolidWorks 2018 — acrylic sheet support 3- sheet assembly
- SolidWorks 2018 — acrylic sheet support 3- ISO
- SolidWorks 2018 — acrylic sheet support 3- FV
- SolidWorks 2018 — acrylic sheet support 3- TV
- SolidWorks 2018 — acrylic sheet support 3- BV
#41 Library by benjamino
- SolidWorks 2018 — Model
- SolidWorks 2018 — Worktable
- STEP/STP 3D Modeling — Worktable
- SolidWorks 2018 — Swivel
- SolidWorks 2018 — Lay1
- STL Modeling — Stand
- STEP/STP 3D Modeling — Side panel
- SolidWorks 2018 — Lay2
- SolidWorks 2018 — Lay1
- SolidWorks 2018 — Back panel
- IGES / IGS File Design — Back panel
- SolidWorks 2018 — Stand
#43 Restaurant with Barrier - 1st concept by Gregorius Giga
#48 COVID 19- Safe Classroom Design by AlexandruS
#44 Office with Barrier - 1st concept by Gregorius Giga
#90 Concept 4 - Foldable Barrier ver01 by Gregorius Giga
#85 Protection barrier against COVID-19 by Ivan Zerpa
- Autodesk Inventor 2015 — Barrier
- IGES / IGS File Design 2020 — Barrier
- STEP/STP 3D Modeling 2020 — Barrier
- DXF 3D Modeling 2015 — flat pattern
- Autodesk DWF Writer 2015 — flat pattern
- pdf 2020 — dimension drawing
- image jpg 2020 — dimension drawing
- image jpg 2020 — render 1
- image jpg 2020 — render 2
- image jpg 2020 — render 3-1
- image jpg 2020 — render 4
#22 4 way modular acrylic sheet support-2 by Rishi reddy
- SolidWorks 2018 — modular acrylic sheet support-2
- SolidWorks 2018 — modular acrylic sheet support-2 config.
- Microsoft Paint 10 — modular acrylic sheet support-2 ISO
- Microsoft Paint 10 — modular acrylic sheet support-2 FV
- Microsoft Paint 10 — modular acrylic sheet support-2 TV
- Microsoft Paint 10 — modular acrylic sheet support-2 BV
- SolidWorks 2018 — acrylic sheet
- Microsoft Paint 10 — modular acrylic sheet support-2 config.
#20 Glass Partition Table Clip by hannahdesigns
#64 student table with glued copper woowen sheet for protected covid 19 virus. by vipulp
#60 Acrylic sheet sneeze guard stand lean design by Gurpreet_Singh
#59 Meeting Conference Desk - ver01 by Gregorius Giga
#76 COVID 19_Protection for Students by Jude Aloysius
#89 COVID-19 Classroom Safety and 3D Product Design Challenge (open-source designs) by RRM
#79 sanitizer wrist band for kids by Gurpreet_Singh
Similar Contests on Cad Crowd
Covid-19/Coronavirus Product Design and 3D Printing Challenge (open source designs)
With the outbreak of Coronavirus; testing, social distancing, and handwashing have helped prevent the spread of this disease. One area responsible for the further spread is frequently touched surfaces in offices, stores, and workplace areas (i.e. door handles). We believe the Cad Crowd community can help prevent the spread by creating open-source product designs for public spaces. The contest involves creating products that will be shared under a publicly downloadable open source license (Creative Commons). The goal is to develop designs that can be quickly and affordably produced with 3D printing and/or off the shelf basic components (i.e. pre-made parts that are readily available).
Animal (and other) themed kettlebells
This is a competition to design animal (and other) themed kettlebells. It is important that there are no sharp edges and no protruding elements that could cause injury or get stuck on clothing. The design will also need to allow for our logo being evident on the back of the kettlebell. Whilst the logo has been attached, the designers are free to adjust it in size, position, and proportion as they deem suitable. The size needs to be consistent with a normal sized competition kettlebell, which is easy enough for people to look up but as a rough guide: Handle Diameter: 33MM. Distance Between Handles: 123MM. Base Diameter: 140MM The actual design can be representative or a bit cartoonish, depending on the aspirations of the designers Nominated animals include: A lion, leopard, elephant, rhino (all obviously flattened down in their contours for safety), shark, eagle, dragons, snake, scorpion, crocodile, bear, wolf, Tyrannosaurus rex, Sabre toothed tiger, spider This list is a guide and designers are welcome to choose other animals or themes I do not require any primates and do not require skull designs
Simple 2D to 3D Conversion for 3D Printer
2D to 3D for prototype 3D printing
Interchangeable Battery Adapter Holster Pack - Industrial CAD Designer
Hello, I need someone to help me make a interchangeable battery clip adapter where these Ryobi batteries (found from Home depot) clip into each other as seen in picture It must be able to maintain enough room and functionality where the electrical terminals make proper contact. The batteries in the picture are laid out exactly how I want it to clip into each other. Just fill in the space between the battery with the housing that I need for you to design. I also need an access port about 7mm in diameter. The designer must already have access to these batteries which are common from home depot.
to design a container shelving system.