In 1976 I started as an intern with one of largest HVAC Contracting Companies in South Africa as a mechanical draughtsman.
My dedication and enthusiasm soon enabled me to progress rapidly and eventually becoming a Senior Contracts Manager taking charge of large HVAC installations.
My Job description:
• Duct design and workshop drawing plantroom layout.
• Liase with client / consultants and architect on mechanical building services co-ordination and planning.
• Workshop, site co-ordination and supervision.
• Air-conditioning chilled, hot water piping schematics and layout details.
• Tendering and estimating of jobs
• Attend site and co-ordination meeting
• Procurement of equipment
• Monthly invoicing of contracts
• Chilled water pipe calculations using the carrier design program.
• Writing and compiling air conditioning maintanace manuals.
• Design and manufacture of custom built chilled water air handling units for southern air conditioning contracts
After 25 years I moved to a HVAC Design Consultancy Company as a Senior Design Engineer.
My Job description
• Budget proposal reports
• Preliminary design reports
• Hvac design.
• Liase and architect on mechanical building services coordination and planning.
• Attend plannining, site and co-ordination meetings.
• Financial control up to final account.
• Supervision of contract construction to final completion.
• Suppervision of the hvac commissioning
Engineering Institude of Technology
Advanced Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology, HVAC