We need your detailed design requirements to accurately estimate the cost of your private project and coordinate a vetted designer based on the scope of your work. Clear project details are also very important for design contests and 1-to-1 projects.
Please see our IP/NDA confidentiality summary if you want to learn more about how we protect intellectual property and your confidentiality. Once your project information is ready, you can use the encrypted quote form for a free project estimate or contact us with questions.
Information checklist for your design project
The information will help designers provide an accurate quote for your project (exclude points that don’t apply):
- Project summary: Describe your project in as much detail as possible, including dimensions, overall aesthetics/appearance, the material used (i.e., plastic, metal, wood, etc.), and color preferences.
- End-use of designs: Please explain the end use for your designs, such as marketing materials, plans for a prototype, manufacturing designs, 3D printing, construction, filing a patent, etc.
- Deliverables (optional): Do you require 2D drawings, 3D CAD files, and/or 3D rendering files?
- Drawings/sketches/files: If applicable, include any sketches, graphics or pictures that will help us fully understand your project requirement (if available/applicable). Also, you may want to add any previous CAD files supplied by design firms that you’ve worked with in the past.
- Similar products/examples: If applicable, include examples of similar products that are currently on the market (product design projects) or any related designs for inspiration. Also, you may choose to include pictures and links to websites for reference.
- Budget (if applicable): Do you have a budget for your project?
- Software (optional): Do you have a CAD software preference for your project (i.e., AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Revit, etc.)?
- Other: Do you have a target deadline for your project? Do you require communication mainly by phone? Is there any additional information that would help the designer/engineer understand the scope of your project?
Optional project information (product design)
- Patent services (optional): Are you planning to file a patent for your new design? Have you done a patent search for your project?
- Manufacturing [optional – only for individuals/small companies]: Do you require help with manufacturing or 3D printing services? (product design)
- Licensing: Are you planning to license your design to companies, rather than bring the product to market yourself?