This summary explains the steps we take to protect your confidentiality and intellectual property.
Table of contents
How do I request an NDA for a private project?
You can request a custom NDA for our private project services, where we evaluate your project and match you with a vetted design expert. To request an NDA, please contact our support team with your full name, phone number, email, mailing address, and any other contact information that you want to be added to your agreement. This information will be used to create an NDA that is personalized for your new project.
Note: Please contact us if you want to learn more about how we protect your confidentiality and intellectual property.
How IP assignment and ownership works
When designers join Cad Crowd, they agree to our legally binding terms of service that includes non-disclosure and assignment of IP ownership (intellectual property ownership). You are automatically assigned the IP ownership for designs whenever an expert is compensated for work.
IP/NDA for contests and 1-to-1 projects
We protect your intellectual property and confidentiality whenever you run a project on the Cad Crowd platform. When you post your design contest or 1-to-1 project, all participating designers have agreed to our NDA/IP requirements in our legal terms of service.
Please see the following for more information:
- IP ownership (designers): Whenever a designer submits work to a paid project on Cad Crowd, the designer agrees to waive all of their IP ownership for the submitted design.
- Non-disclosure (contests/1-to-1 projects): When a designer joins the community, they agree to the non-disclosure clause in our terms of service. In other words, they aren’t be allowed to discuss your project without your permission.
- Contests privacy: You can choose the privacy settings for design contest hosted on the platform (i.e., publicly visible, visible to registered users, or visible by invite-only).
- IP ownership (contests): The IP ownership for paid design entries are automatically assigned to the client. If you’re running a contest and want to own the IP for several different designs, simply add additional awards to gain ownership.
- IP assignment (1-to-1 projects): The IP ownership for design work is automatically assigned to the client when a designer is compensated for their work. The scope of the IP is based on your original project description, plus additions to project scope based on mutual agreement (if applicable).
If you require a personalized NDA, please contact us to learn about private project service with vetted designers.
Note: Please contact us if you’d like to learn more about how the platform protects your confidentiality and intellectual property.