Hi everyone! I’m an architectural drafter working mainly with AutoCAD and SketchUp.
I’ve been working on converting old PDFs, sketches, and existing architectural drawings into clean and organized CAD files, including floor plans, sections, elevations, dimensions, and layers.
I’m curious to know how other drafters here usually approach old or incomplete drawings. Do you prefer rebuilding everything from scratch or using the original drawing as a traced/reference base?
I’d be interested to hear what workflows or standards others use when rebuilding older architectural drawings.
I’ve been working on converting old PDFs, sketches, and existing architectural drawings into clean and organized CAD files, including floor plans, sections, elevations, dimensions, and layers.
I’m curious to know how other drafters here usually approach old or incomplete drawings. Do you prefer rebuilding everything from scratch or using the original drawing as a traced/reference base?
I’d be interested to hear what workflows or standards others use when rebuilding older architectural drawings.