Began my electrical drafting career in 2003, after graduating from Electrical Engineering Technology program at SAIT. I am detail-oriented, dynamic professional equipped with solid technical knowledge in designing and developing drawings to required specifications. Skilled at liaising with multiple contractors and interfaces to optimize delivery in line with agreed standards and procedures. Focused on continuous improvement, easily assimilating new industry developments and displaying strong knowledge of various industry standards. Familiar with AutoCAD, BlueBeam, Microsoft Excel and Word, AGI, and several other programs.
DPH Focus Corporation
Oct 2003 –
16 yrs Calgary, AB, Canada
Provided successful engineering drawings from construction through to the as-built stages in line with customers’ requirements. Leveraged expertise in performing tasks requiring high analytical skills, including drawing sets, drafting wiring diagrams, and wiring connection specifications. Worked with speed and accuracy to ensure project completion within deadline and targets.
• Conceptualized electrical drafting designs within a tight deadline for Exergy’s project - William’s Energy BB Splitter.
• Trained one entry level drafter on company’s standards to ensure on-time completion of all projects.
• Successfully finalized electrical drafting for various EnCana and ConocoPhillips gas plants, well sites, and compressor stations.
• Completed electrical drafting for EnCana/ConocoPhillips Oil Sands Partnership projects Foster Creek and Christina Lake.
Mulvey + Banani International (Alberta) Inc.
Feb 2010 –
6 yrs 10 mos Calgary, AB, Canada
Pivotal role in preparing detailed drawings for various downtown office projects using computer-aided drafting equipment. Provided subject-matter expertise on the design of small projects. Maintained strict attention to detail when assessing drawings for accuracy in line with drafting standards. Assisted engineers in translating specifications into functional documents.
• Spearhead efforts in maintaining a continuous project run by ensuring seamless completion of buildings from design to as-built.
• Developed knowledge of new concepts and systems, such as completing the REVIT first level course.
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, Calgary, AB
Electrical Engineering technology, Electrical Engineeing
2001 – 2003