• Experienced in multiple disciplines of engineering: Engineering design, assembly manufacturing, quality control, project management and coordination, and engineering business development.
• Create 3D Models, 2D drawings and preparation and review of Bills of Material and specifications of items required for the fabrication of machine components or complex assemblies using Solidworks and AutoCAD.
• Proficient in designing components with innovative designs and manufactured by different manufacturing process such as forging, casting, welding, brazing etc. in a high volume environment.
• Extensive experience of selection of various materials for different application, especially for abrasive wear applications. Highly experience with different heat treatments process for alloy and tool steels used in rock and soft ground mining application.
• Extensive experience of performing engineering calculations such as calculating stress, deflection, bending moment, bearing life, shaft diameter, bolt size, thread length, etc.
• Extensive experience in GD&T and Tolerance stack up analysis
• Involved in R&D projects on improving cutting tools (disc cutters & ripper tools) performance in collaboration with Caterpillar technical global R&D team in Peoria, US and other teams in Italy and India.
• Coordinate designs and details with other engineering departments to ensure interdepartmental functionality and technical specification compliance.
Sardar Patel University
Bachelor of Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering