Extensive Product Design and Development experience from Concept Ideation though final production. Participated and supported many multi-disciplinary teams including research scientists, designers, engineers, agency and quality. Key role in the successful development of over 100 products in the marketplace today with a primary focus on medical devices.
• Over twenty years of mechanical design in military, industrial, commercial, consumer and medical product development.
• Collaborating/coordinating with industrial design, electrical engineering, manufacturing vendors, contract manufacturers and clients.
• Human factors and use case scenario understanding and application.
• Design for manufacturing, design for assembly, and design for serviceability.
• Troubleshooting injection molded plastics and tooling issues
• Inventor/co-inventor of multiple patents.
• Extensive knowledge of Sheet metal, molded plastics, extrusions, rubber, die castings, double-shot moldings, and stamping fabrication / processing.
• Knowledge of Material Science (polymers and co-polymers).
• Over 40,000 hours on SolidWorks CAD software, including advanced surfacing.
• Clear, accurate communication, both written and verbal.
• Exceptional track record of being resourceful and solving complex problems.
• Complete knowledge of Quality System Management for ISO 13485.2008
• Working understanding and knowledge of FDA Regulations for design controls per CFR 820.30