I am Civil Engineering Technologist with seven (7) years of experience in the construction field as both an Inspector and Contract Administrator for Land Development, Municipal Infrastructure and Transportation projects and three (3) years of experience in the design of municipal infrastructure. Typical responsibilities include resident inspection and contract administration, coordination on multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects, hydrologic and hydraulic modelling, preparation of technical reports for design and construction, preparation of cost estimates, specifications, tender and contract documents as well as mentoring and supervising junior staff.
• Proficient use of AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D for drafting & design of grading, water distribution systems, storm and sanitary sewer systems, quantities for earthworks volumes and roads.
• Excellent use of Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, & Project.
• Working Knowledge of various engineering software such as Visual OTTHYMO, HEC-RAS, H20Net, WaterCAD, Storm & Sanitary Analysis and InRoads.
• Experienced in engineering & topographical survey utilizing GPS & Robotic Total Stations.
• Thorough understanding of the Ontario Provincial Standards, Municipal Design Standards and Development Engineering Manuals, Tendering & Procurement Processes, Contract Administration & Inspection Tasks, Occupational Health & Safety Act for Construction Projects as well as other applicable codes, standards & legislation.
• Excellent attention to detail, written & oral communication skills with proven analytical & negotiating skills.
I'd like to thank you in advance for considering me and would welcome an opportunity to discuss more about your project, my skill set, and how I might contribute to your project's success.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Joshua Battiston, C.E.T., rcsi, LEED Green Assoc.