I work in a research lab at the University of Utah. We need to make a frame that can hold a patient's head in place while we image their brain with custom ultrasound transducers.
We have designed the transducers and general shape of the brain helmet. We are seeking solutions to 1) mechanically holding the head in place and 2) making the frame as aesthetically pleasing as possible. All mechanisms for adjustment (i.e. extention/retraction) should be complete in the design i.e. functional.
I attached the solidworks files and a very quick (and ugly) sketch of the general concept. This is just the first idea so please take this as a jumping-off point and feel free to be creative!
Our one requirement is that one of the head fixation parts be a sliding piece over the middle of the head that fixes to the bride of the patient's nose (called the nasion).
Wants:Completeness of adjustment mechanism details and practicality.
Solution for adjustable fixation of the bride of the nose.
As aesthetically pleasing as possible. Sleek, beautiful form.
Don't Wants:Ugly bulky design
Impractical design with no possibility of 3d printing
Vague or non-functional mechanisms.
#15 1st Design Rev-1 Ultrasound Brain Helmet by Chaniago
#22 STEP - Ultrasound Brain Helmet V1.3 by flaviboy
#19 PARASOLID - ULTRASOUND BRAIN HELMET V1.1 by flaviboy
#13 Ultrasound brain helmet by sherifelsheikh
- STEP/STP 3D Modeling — Ultrasound Brain Helmet V4
- jpg — V4 Ultrasound Brain Helmet-01
- jpg — V4 Ultrasound Brain Helmet-02
- jpg — V4 Ultrasound Brain Helmet-03
- jpg — V4 Ultrasound Brain Helmet-04
- jpg — V4 Ultrasound Brain Helmet-05
- jpg — V4 Ultrasound Brain Helmet-06
- jpg — V4 Ultrasound Brain Helmet-07
#9 Ultrasound brain helmet by sherifelsheikh
#6 Ultrasound brain helmet by sherifelsheikh
- jpg — Ultrasound Brain Helmet-01
- jpg — Ultrasound Brain Helmet-02
- jpg — Ultrasound Brain Helmet-03
- jpg — Ultrasound Brain Helmet-04
- jpg — Ultrasound Brain Helmet-05
- jpg — Ultrasound Brain Helmet-06
- jpg — Ultrasound Brain Helmet-07
- jpg — Ultrasound Brain Helmet-08
- jpg — Extended Guide
- jpg — Extended Lock
- jpg — Fabric
- jpg — Head Fixation
- jpg — Head Lock
- jpg — Lower Raise Lock
- jpg — Nose Support
#27 Ultrasound Brain Helmet by Salim Benyoucef
#23 Ultrasound Brain Helmet by Salim Benyoucef
#16 ULTRASOUND BRAIN HELMET by flaviboy
#12 1st Design Ultrasound Brain Helmet by Chaniago
- Rendering Images 2020 — Present View
- Rendering Images 2020 — Front View
- Rendering Images 2020 — Side View
- Rendering Images 2020 — Bracket Slider Nose
- Rendering Images 2020 — Bracket Head Fixation
- STL Modeling 2020 — Ultrasound Brain Helmet Assembly
- STEP/STP 3D Modeling 2020 — Ultrasound Brain Helmet-Assembly
#17 Rev-2 Design Ultrasound Brain Helmet by Chaniago
#25 Ultrasound brain helmet by sherifelsheikh
- jpg — V6-Ultrasoung Brain Helmet-01
- jpg — V6-Ultrasoung Brain Helmet-02
- jpg — V6-Ultrasoung Brain Helmet-03
- jpg — V6-Ultrasoung Brain Helmet-04
- jpg — V6-Ultrasoung Brain Helmet-05
- jpg — V6-Ultrasoung Brain Helmet-06
- jpg — V6-Ultrasoung Brain Helmet-07
- jpg — V6-Ultrasoung Brain Helmet-08
- jpg — V6-Ultrasoung Brain Helmet-09
- jpg — V6-Ultrasoung Brain Helmet-010
DiscussionShowing last 20 comments - View All
Similar Contests on Cad Crowd
Animilastic Logo for 3D Print
I want to print mini sculptes and otherthings out of a 3D print for my ultimate frisbee team. So i want to turn the dogs head from our logo to a 3D character (also only the head)
Need 3D structure studios pool design in zero edge pool and spa: MUST BE Zero Edge Pool and spa: shown in photographs Create some large stepping stones and create the slope shown from one side to other of 15". Basic and minor details for the house (keep house basic outline in 3D or show house as pad only) Some grade changes in the yard as well: yard drops from one side of the to the other by up to 15" Use the pool in the updated plan for the dimensions and pool and spa sizing.
Stack of Schnauzer puppies
I need a 3D drawing of a stack of schnauzer puppies (in diapers) that are placed on top of one another (alternating back and front). I intend to 3D print this out and it's meant as a Christmas present.
Mass produced plastic tool for dental product. My immediate need, however is to have 3-D prints made for evaluation. I'd also like to use the same file for manufacturing. Plan of tool, logo file, detail of head and pic of possible diamond-pattern knurling grip attached.
"They Might Be Giants" School Award
I am a local community member working with a K-8 school principal to develop a custom award for two members of their faculty to be given out each year. The award is called "They Might Be Giants" and it celebrates educators who have been the "shoulders" that younger educators have stood on. Think like a mentor, but more than that. Ultimately the creation from this contest will be 3D Printed and integrated into the final award. Think 6" - 8" high 3D giant. I'm open to ideas, but the attached pictures provides a good references of the giant idea and it supporting people on its shoulders. If you notice the male and female standing on the giant's shoulders in the reference photo you get a sense of them looking into the horizon. Where the Giant has a sense of forward motion. It is the combination of the sense of movement toward the horizon, and the eagerness to look toward the future that I to capture with this 3D element. The working concept for this award is based on an award presented by the Advertising Hall of Fame called "The Golden Ladder" Award (See attached photo). In place of the golden ladder will be the giant element that this contest is looking to produce. The total height from the foot of the giant, to the top of the tallest head of the person standing on the giant's shoulders will be no more than 8" high