I work in a research lab at the University of Utah. We need to make a frame that can hold a patient's head in place while we image their brain with custom ultrasound transducers.
We have designed the transducers and general shape of the brain helmet. We are seeking solutions to 1) mechanically holding the head in place and 2) making the frame as aesthetically pleasing as possible. All mechanisms for adjustment (i.e. extention/retraction) should be complete in the design i.e. functional.
I attached the solidworks files and a very quick (and ugly) sketch of the general concept. This is just the first idea so please take this as a jumping-off point and feel free to be creative!
Our one requirement is that one of the head fixation parts be a sliding piece over the middle of the head that fixes to the bride of the patient's nose (called the nasion).
Wants:Completeness of adjustment mechanism details and practicality.
Solution for adjustable fixation of the bride of the nose.
As aesthetically pleasing as possible. Sleek, beautiful form.
Don't Wants:Ugly bulky design
Impractical design with no possibility of 3d printing
Vague or non-functional mechanisms.
#15 1st Design Rev-1 Ultrasound Brain Helmet by Chaniago
#22 STEP - Ultrasound Brain Helmet V1.3 by flaviboy
#19 PARASOLID - ULTRASOUND BRAIN HELMET V1.1 by flaviboy
#13 Ultrasound brain helmet by sherifelsheikh
- STEP/STP 3D Modeling — Ultrasound Brain Helmet V4
- jpg — V4 Ultrasound Brain Helmet-01
- jpg — V4 Ultrasound Brain Helmet-02
- jpg — V4 Ultrasound Brain Helmet-03
- jpg — V4 Ultrasound Brain Helmet-04
- jpg — V4 Ultrasound Brain Helmet-05
- jpg — V4 Ultrasound Brain Helmet-06
- jpg — V4 Ultrasound Brain Helmet-07
#6 Ultrasound brain helmet by sherifelsheikh
- jpg — Ultrasound Brain Helmet-01
- jpg — Ultrasound Brain Helmet-02
- jpg — Ultrasound Brain Helmet-03
- jpg — Ultrasound Brain Helmet-04
- jpg — Ultrasound Brain Helmet-05
- jpg — Ultrasound Brain Helmet-06
- jpg — Ultrasound Brain Helmet-07
- jpg — Ultrasound Brain Helmet-08
- jpg — Extended Guide
- jpg — Extended Lock
- jpg — Fabric
- jpg — Head Fixation
- jpg — Head Lock
- jpg — Lower Raise Lock
- jpg — Nose Support
#16 ULTRASOUND BRAIN HELMET by flaviboy
#12 1st Design Ultrasound Brain Helmet by Chaniago
- Rendering Images 2020 — Present View
- Rendering Images 2020 — Front View
- Rendering Images 2020 — Side View
- Rendering Images 2020 — Bracket Slider Nose
- Rendering Images 2020 — Bracket Head Fixation
- STL Modeling 2020 — Ultrasound Brain Helmet Assembly
- STEP/STP 3D Modeling 2020 — Ultrasound Brain Helmet-Assembly
#17 Rev-2 Design Ultrasound Brain Helmet by Chaniago
#25 Ultrasound brain helmet by sherifelsheikh
- jpg — V6-Ultrasoung Brain Helmet-01
- jpg — V6-Ultrasoung Brain Helmet-02
- jpg — V6-Ultrasoung Brain Helmet-03
- jpg — V6-Ultrasoung Brain Helmet-04
- jpg — V6-Ultrasoung Brain Helmet-05
- jpg — V6-Ultrasoung Brain Helmet-06
- jpg — V6-Ultrasoung Brain Helmet-07
- jpg — V6-Ultrasoung Brain Helmet-08
- jpg — V6-Ultrasoung Brain Helmet-09
- jpg — V6-Ultrasoung Brain Helmet-010
#11 Ultrasound brain helmet by sherifelsheikh
DiscussionShowing last 20 comments - View All
Similar Contests on Cad Crowd
Russian Doll Maze Variant
Hello Designers! I am looking for a variant of the "Russian Doll Maze Puzzle" on Thingiverse. Here's a little bit about the project: I run a small home business in Utah that provides 3D printing services for the local area. Lately, we've been donating our extra machine time to making these puzzles for charity (Anti-boredom bags for children in hospital waiting rooms.) They've been a massive hit among the kids, however we've been hearing that the locking mechanism is 'unsnapping' over time while the puzzle is assembled, making them inoperable. We'd like to remedy that for the future! A few required design change specifications: 1. Cylindrical instead of Octagonal 2. The maze "Locking" mechanism needs a fix. Currently, it snaps "Up" into position, however the clicking mechanism is small and wears down, resulting in older puzzles 'locking' inside because they've come undone. We're looking for innovative solutions to solve this issue (potentially rotating sideways at the end, instead of up, to add another safety mechanic) 3. Thick bottom and outer wall for embossing names, if chosen. Needs to be strong enough for children to not break with regular usage. 4. Difficulty of maze appropriate to 8 and up age levels. Dimensions overall approximately 4" height, 2 1/2" round. 1/8" to 5/16" inner wall construction (solid).
Need 3D structure studios pool design in zero edge pool and spa: MUST BE Zero Edge Pool and spa: shown in photographs Create some large stepping stones and create the slope shown from one side to other of 15". Basic and minor details for the house (keep house basic outline in 3D or show house as pad only) Some grade changes in the yard as well: yard drops from one side of the to the other by up to 15" Use the pool in the updated plan for the dimensions and pool and spa sizing.
Stack of Schnauzer puppies
I need a 3D drawing of a stack of schnauzer puppies (in diapers) that are placed on top of one another (alternating back and front). I intend to 3D print this out and it's meant as a Christmas present.
Animilastic Logo for 3D Print
I want to print mini sculptes and otherthings out of a 3D print for my ultimate frisbee team. So i want to turn the dogs head from our logo to a 3D character (also only the head)
Mass produced plastic tool for dental product. My immediate need, however is to have 3-D prints made for evaluation. I'd also like to use the same file for manufacturing. Plan of tool, logo file, detail of head and pic of possible diamond-pattern knurling grip attached.