Description:There's an important medical product out there prescribed to many patients, that people are using make-shift cases (often times, pockets). These patients need a sleek case that they can fit in their pockets, sitting about the size of the palm of a female's hand, created with a thoughtful design that also opens and closes functionally, smart, and beautifully, and most importantly, will protect their product... (this case could be used for several devices, so for now the product intended to go in the case will remain undisclosed).
- overal case body: APPROX L: 5cm, W: 5cm, H: 2cm
There is a lot of room for flexibility in these dimensions, so please feel free to play with them... design and engineering is most important, exact dimensions can be adjusted later.
- size of magnets for closing mechanism: 1/4" diameter, 1/32" thick
- So as NOT to limit a great design out there, I will not hold it against the winning design, but please keep in mind that this product will need to be converted from CAD to STL.
Wants:1. INCORPORATE in the engineering, an internal magnetic closing mechanism that utilizes 2 small magnets.
2. ENGINEER a VERY SIMPLE HINGE being mindful of manufacturing costs. The less number of parts required in the entire design, the better (magnets may be used in the hinge, and simple clam-style hinge that will require polyprop is okay as shown in picture, but being creative in the engineering is much preferred)
3. DESIGN something that has the following elements:
- apple's simplicity, BMW's industry-leading modern lines and curves
- gender neutral
- rounded edges and feel (no square, rectangles)
- 1-4 "breathing" holes of any style integrated anywhere on the case (except for the bottom of the case (each hole 1"x1/4cm or larger)
- not at all necessary but possibly an idea, you may want to try to incorporate a slight indent for a finger/thumb for ease of opening and closing the case
- Case should sit flat on a table when closed
Don't Wants:- un-manufacturable designs
- a case with more than 3 parts (requiring 2-3 cavity mold is preferred)
- a hinge that is too complicated, easily malfunctions, with too many parts
- too many crevices where bacteria/dirt can build up
- artwork on the case (colors: any shades of the following colors in any way you like- grays, white, black, darker blues. all one color is just fine too)
#32 Plastic Case for Medical Product by NPRG_3D
#14 Plastic Case for Medical Product by ARMa
#23 Concept_1 by Hiren Patel
#12 Plastic.Case.for.Medical.Product.01 by Zaher
#26 Redefined Plastic Case for Medical Product Ver 2.0 by Vincenzo Ricci
- 3DVIA 2012 — Redefined Plastic Case for Medical Product Ver2 Drw4
- SolidWorks 2013 2013 — Redefined Plastic Case for Medical Product 2
- 3DVIA 2012 — Redefined Plastic Case for Medical Product Ver2 Drw3
- 3DVIA 2012 — Redefined Plastic Case for Medical Product Ver2 Drw2
- 3DVIA 2012 — Redefined Plastic Case for Medical Product Ver2 Drw1
- SolidWorks 1 — Redefined Plastic Case for Medical Product Ver2 Rendering 2
- SolidWorks 1 — Redefined Plastic Case for Medical Product Ver2 Rendering 2
#25 Redefined Plastic Case for Medical Product Ver 1.0 by Vincenzo Ricci
#27 Plastic Case for Medical Product by NPRG_3D
#30 Plastic Case by Sergiu.Nasta
#22 Concept_3 by Hiren Patel
#21 Rotary slide case by Manuel Rosso
#4 design1 by ezer153
Similar Contests on Cad Crowd
2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner bottle with a pump
The goal of this project is to find the most efficient engineering solution for the pump in a hard plastic bottle. The bottle itself is going to be made of hard plastic or glass, so it will not be possible to squeeze the bottle itself to squeeze the shampoo or conditioner out. If the shampoo is required to be pumped out, the bottle will have to be tilted with the shampoo side down and pumped air will help the shampoo to flow out. So the size of the pump have to be enough to provide enough pressure for the liquid to be pushed. We don't want people pressing 10 times on the button before they see any effect. The pump will have to be an air pump as it will work for both chambers with different liquids and they can't mix. The pump will either twist to the chamber that requires pumping or the 'locking button' will unlock the inlet that will allow the air to be pumped in OR another innovative solution offered by engineers/product designers. PLEASE NOTE: There must be something preventing the shampoo and conditioner to flow out of chambers, some sort of valve or another engineering solution. For example if the inlet for shampoo will be unlocked while the shampoo side is facing up, the shampoo should not leak out. The manufacturing cost is a very important factor. The less parts will need to be manufactured to assemble the product the better. Simplicity and cost effectiveness of the design is a key. If the design submitted is exactly what is needed then the designer will be asked to help us to finalise the product until it is in manufacturing. Please use software that would allow us to print a 3d model.
Steel Product Contest #1
Basically, steel origami. To create a simple product design that can be mass produced with steel plate bending, punching, laser-cutting, and can target mass market, be it industrial or consumer goods. (Example: Recycle Bin, trash can, file cabinet, etc.) Selected design will be powder-coated, and marketed in Indonesia. Selected designers will have a chance to contribute more on their design (without contest).
Firearms storage case
Hi, I need a 2D and 3D CAD design for a firearms storage case made out of a soft fabric such as canvas or ballistic nylon. My intention is to have something (drawing/rendering with dimensions) available to show a manufacturer so they understand what I want. I've attached a drawing of the case and it's dimensions. I'd like it to be padded (similar to a typical laptop case). It needs to have pouches on the outside for storage of pistol magazines, ammunition, etc. It also needs to have a shoulder strap and carry handles. The lid needs to be opened from the front of the case and "hinged" at the back. On the inside, the case should have some compartments divided by padded dividers (like a typical laptop case). I've attached some pictures of typical range bags that show examples of what I'd like. If it can have a military/law enforcement look to it it'd be great. The pouches can be Velcro or zippered closures. A dark gray color would be great for the case. Those are the basic requirements. I'll leave the rest of the design up to you. If you have any ideas to enhance it I'd appreciate it. Thank you, Carlos
Titanium Nails Design
We are Resinbees, a smoking accessories company based in Montreal ,Quebec Canada.We are looking to design a new nail. The nail is to be placed at the****of a glass pipe and the tip heated with a butane torch till its red hot.We will send the design to be manufacture (Milling Machine) so please be as detailed as possible.Feel free to ask some questions if you need more information.
Modern and innovative cat tower
We are a small start up business focusing on bringing the outdoors inside for indoor cats. Indoor cats like to climb and feel safe when selecting a preferred level to perch at. Indoor cats like their outdoor cousins, need exercise, plants (especially grass) and access to view out of windows to keep them stimulated. If the cats requirements aren't enough of a challenge then the winning design must fit seamlessly with the ultra modern home interior. We invite you to submit your designs based upon shelves fitted to the ikea stolmen post, a floating shelf design or your own unique concept. Your design may be cat centric or multi purpose for both cat and pet parent.