Looking for a qualified individual to draft a CAD design for a disc golf disc aka frisbee disc that has a standard center core that can be screwed into exchangeable outer rims. The design must be within specs that I have outlined and feature an air tight interlocking design that will not come loose when the disc is thrown or hits an object. Production of this item would be injection molded with TPE.
Wants:Accuracy of specs outlined, design and feasibility of real world use.
Additional Information1. Diameter: 21.1cm diameter (including core + interchangeable outer ring)
2. Width of outer ring 2.3cm
3. Be within PDGA technical standards (see below)
Disc must not be less than 21 cm in outside disc diameter, nor exceed 30 cm in outside disc diameter;
(4) not exceed 8.3 g per cm of outside disc diameter;
(5) not exceed a maximum weight of 200 g;
(6) have a flight plate that does not exceed 0.5 cm in thickness, including any raised features such as
lettering, ridges, nipples, and other thickened parts. Discs with a thickened section atop or underneath
the flight plate, however, may increase to 1.0 cm in flight plate thickness in this section only, provided
that this section:
(i) is circular in outline;
(ii) is between 5 and 10 cm in diameter for an area with a uniform thickness that is centered on
the center point of the disc; and
(iii) gradually thins from the thickest section with a maximum slope of 60 degrees at the outer
edge at a slope that averages no more than 50% (or 22.5 degrees) relative to the surrounding
part of the flight plate. No part of the underside of the flight plate may be closer than 0.3 cm
0.5 cm to the plane defined by the bottom of the rim.
(7) have a smooth surface on the bottom part of the rim; that is, a surface free of any irregularities such
as protrusions or depressions. When placed on a flat surface, the rim must have no discernible gaps
between itself and the surface on which it is resting.
(8) have a rim area, beyond the top of the flight plate, that does not include any surface elevation that is
more than 3mm above the outermost edge of the flight plate.
(9) have a rim width no greater than 2.6 cm (Does not affect discs approved prior to 1/1/08);
(10) have a circular inner rim no less than 15.8 cm in diameter. (11) have a rim configuration rating of 26.0 or greater;
(12) pass the leading edge radius test with a 1/16" (1.6 mm) radius gauge;
(13) beveled edge design
I have CAD files of existing disc golf discs that have the profile required if necessary
Tech specs in detail found here : www.pdga.com/files/PDGATechStandards_5-14-14.pdf
#6 Interchangeable frisbee disc design by Rahul Sharma (RS)
#3 Snap Disc by rlassman
Disc golf disc with a separable core. The core snaps in and out of the rim using lip and grove fastening. The core and the rim should be made with different thermoplastics. I.e. The rim should have a higher tensile modulus than the core, this way as the disc spins centrifugal forces will cause the core to expand more than the rim.
Similar Contests on Cad Crowd
Taylor Sunroom- floor plans, deck plan, roof plan & elevations
1. To scale metric Site Plan (showing new layout of sunroom and decks) (revise from existing plan not to scale) Foundation plan, floor plans, deck plan, roof plan, elevations (3), Section & section details (revise from existing drawings) New drawings for an upper deck (measurements provided) with side spiral stairs
design hybrid car
Nut Case Puzzle
The product is a hollow bolt that can be unlocked and twisted apart. It’s modelled after the “nut case” puzzle, but should be much higher quality. There should be two nuts threaded to twist up and down the shaft. When the nuts get to the head of each bolt, they should turn freely counter-clockwise to match a number on top of each bolt head. In addition to the primary threads that allow the the nuts to twist up and down the bolt shaft there should be a lip with an opening that lines up with dog clips (or protrusions) at the end of each bolt opposite its head. This opening is matched by lining up a number on the nuts with the appropriate number on the head of the bolt. Once the numbers are matched, the bolts can be pulled apart and the nuts screwed back towards the center of the shafts, pushing the dog clips and separating the bolts. When the nuts meet in the center, the user should be able to rotate the heads of each bolt counter-clockwise to release the nuts and take the puzzle completely apart, or thread the nuts back up the shaft to return the puzzle to one piece.
Myth and Mystique
I am trying to make a silicone mermaid brush. I need a cad design of the tail since the ferrule and hair would be added on. This is a make up brush used for make up. I would like the tail to have scales as well as a bit of pearls.
Electronic toothbrush Floss head
I have designed a reusable floss-head attachment for a sonic toothbrush. The purpose of this design is to send to a machinist in order to create a plastic injection mold. The issue I have is that I am not an experienced 3D modeler. I used sketchup to create the design and then used free cad to convert the STL file into a STEP CAD file. Each machinist I have sen the STL and CAD files to has not been able to work either of these files.