Looking for a qualified individual to draft a CAD design for a disc golf disc aka frisbee disc that has a standard center core that can be screwed into exchangeable outer rims. The design must be within specs that I have outlined and feature an air tight interlocking design that will not come loose when the disc is thrown or hits an object. Production of this item would be injection molded with TPE.
Wants:Accuracy of specs outlined, design and feasibility of real world use.
Additional Information1. Diameter: 21.1cm diameter (including core + interchangeable outer ring)
2. Width of outer ring 2.3cm
3. Be within PDGA technical standards (see below)
Disc must not be less than 21 cm in outside disc diameter, nor exceed 30 cm in outside disc diameter;
(4) not exceed 8.3 g per cm of outside disc diameter;
(5) not exceed a maximum weight of 200 g;
(6) have a flight plate that does not exceed 0.5 cm in thickness, including any raised features such as
lettering, ridges, nipples, and other thickened parts. Discs with a thickened section atop or underneath
the flight plate, however, may increase to 1.0 cm in flight plate thickness in this section only, provided
that this section:
(i) is circular in outline;
(ii) is between 5 and 10 cm in diameter for an area with a uniform thickness that is centered on
the center point of the disc; and
(iii) gradually thins from the thickest section with a maximum slope of 60 degrees at the outer
edge at a slope that averages no more than 50% (or 22.5 degrees) relative to the surrounding
part of the flight plate. No part of the underside of the flight plate may be closer than 0.3 cm
0.5 cm to the plane defined by the bottom of the rim.
(7) have a smooth surface on the bottom part of the rim; that is, a surface free of any irregularities such
as protrusions or depressions. When placed on a flat surface, the rim must have no discernible gaps
between itself and the surface on which it is resting.
(8) have a rim area, beyond the top of the flight plate, that does not include any surface elevation that is
more than 3mm above the outermost edge of the flight plate.
(9) have a rim width no greater than 2.6 cm (Does not affect discs approved prior to 1/1/08);
(10) have a circular inner rim no less than 15.8 cm in diameter. (11) have a rim configuration rating of 26.0 or greater;
(12) pass the leading edge radius test with a 1/16" (1.6 mm) radius gauge;
(13) beveled edge design
I have CAD files of existing disc golf discs that have the profile required if necessary
Tech specs in detail found here : www.pdga.com/files/PDGATechStandards_5-14-14.pdf
#6 Interchangeable frisbee disc design by Rahul Sharma (RS)
#5 Frisbee Disc Forever by REDA
#4 Frisbee Disc Forever by REDA
Similar Contests on Cad Crowd
Original Sketches to DWG Re-Draft / Conversion (2 weeks)
Required is to convert original architectural sketches into layered DWG drawings. The unit of interest is the first unit from right to left and the work can be limited to re-drafting of plans and details only for this unit. Details from mid units must be used to overlay details for the unit of interest (as the original drafter provided greater details that apply for for all units only on the 2nd, 3rd of 4th units)
Taylor Sunroom- floor plans, deck plan, roof plan & elevations
1. To scale metric Site Plan (showing new layout of sunroom and decks) (revise from existing plan not to scale) Foundation plan, floor plans, deck plan, roof plan, elevations (3), Section & section details (revise from existing drawings) New drawings for an upper deck (measurements provided) with side spiral stairs
Myth and Mystique
I am trying to make a silicone mermaid brush. I need a cad design of the tail since the ferrule and hair would be added on. This is a make up brush used for make up. I would like the tail to have scales as well as a bit of pearls.
ART CAM tool paths for cnc
I need my own pen and ink drawings converted from JP2 to g code for a CNC milling project.
Hard-Hat Clipable Safety Notification System (#2)
We were very happy with the results from our first design concept competition so we decided to host another Cad Crowd competition but focus more on designing to a specific PCB and shape this time. We're looking for small, sleek, manufacurable, and aesthetic designs for a hard-hat clipable safety notification system for construction workers to improve their work safety. The device can sense dangers with internal electronics and alert the user real-time using light and sound notifications. The device will be clipped to the under-side of the hard-hat (see attached image "placement.png"). The device has LEDs along the curved portion of the PCB and two side-fire speakers to convey dangers to the user (see attached image "PCB.png"). There is a snap-dome push button on the right side of the PCB. Please design a fused rubber actuator for the snap-dome. Assembly: The front case will have 3mm screw bosses. The clip slides over the boss, next the PCB, then the back case, then a screw to hold it all together (see attached image "assembly.png") . The project will be pre-payed once there is 3 quality design entries (including CAD files).