I can model all the complicated 3D and 2D designs in Catia V5 and Solidworks. I have 4 plus years of experience in designing automotive componenets.
SATVEN · Full-time
Jun 2021 –
6 mos Chennai, TN, India
● Worked in Transmission casing team for Casting part modeling (Mold design and RF part design)
● Created 3D CAD model and detailed Drawings for 6F Auto transmission and valve body casting parts.
● Weight reduction and optimization of 10 speed rear auto transmission case (Casting model) without affecting its functionality.
● Transmission assembly maintenance (digital pre-assembly checking, constraining with the hard points, maintaining last updated CAD in Transmission Assembly BOM structure).
● Re-mastered 6F Transmission components (creating a parametric CAD from non-parametric models) and designed mold for casting parts.
● Design changes in 3D CAD as well as drawing updates as per the customer requirement.
● Stack-up Analysis: Performed clutch lube hole, bearing fall off, seal interference, end play, Bushing stacks for 6F50/55 auto transmission. Co-ordinate with on-site engineers for stack issues in Valve body bores and Valves and create proposal designs.
10R140 case weight reduction: Overall wall thickness reduced from 3.5mm to 3mm without affecting its functionality.
10R80 full stack-up check: Performed full stack-up check and make sure the values are within the limits. The procedures are done using Loop method with all considerations like LMC, MMC, Shift, Bonus, etc. Project completed 40 plus days prior to the due date.
Alten India · Full-time
Jan 2021 –
11 mos Chennai, TN, India
● 3D Modelling, CAD update and Drawing creation and update for Engineering changes in Engine and Transmission components.
● Performing Air-gap stack-up analysis in traction motors (For xEVs)
● Reading and comparing the tolerances, testing & manufacturing procedures, and materials in the underbody engineering drawings of Renault and Nissan for cost comparison and reduction.
Powertrain Notice releases: CAD model and Drawing updates for Renault powertrain components.
University of Windsor
Master of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
2020 – 2021