I have always had a passion for design and have now successfully turned this passion into a career. At university I was awarded a 1st class honours degree and received an achievement award for outstanding results. This is because I am organised, determined and set high expectations for myself. I feel these qualities transfer into the standard of my work and any project I undertake.
Currently I am working as a Design Engineer for a company that is helping reduce heating poverty, this is inline with my own personal ethos for cleaner and more responsible energy use. My role uses Auto CAD inventor, CAD is an area of design I have a talent for. I have and continue to develop a wide range of CAD skill across different programs.
Experience in 3D design programs; Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Fusion 360, Google Sketchup.
Experience in 2D design programs; 2D design, Corel draw, Photoshop, Illustrator.
• Highly developed modelling and rapid prototyping skills. Using CAM processes such as 3D printing and laser cutting.
• Experience in producing accurate and detailed mathematical technical drawings.
• Developed knowledge of isometric drawing and orthographic drawing and third angle projection. Both from hand sketching and CAD design programs.
• Experience in producing detailed specifications and design briefs.
• Efficient in all word processing packages, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Experience in researching and producing products that use anthropometric data in order to create an ergonomic design.
• Knowledge of CLEAPSS health and safety regulations and BSI / CE standards.
Junior CAD Designer
Jul 2019 –
4 mos Cardiff, UK
At Matilda’s planet the company is looking to reduce fuel poverty through their bespoke blanket wall system. I am responsible for producing the CAD designs used in both production and installation of the system.
Key successes so far at Matilde’s planet are;
• Producing a range of drawing files in Auto CAD inventor that can be manipulated in order to reduce drawing time for detailed elements of the blanket system.
• The development and upkeep of drawing guidelines and policy handbook. A document produced in order to unify drawing across the company and aid new members of the design team in their knowledge of the system.
• Aiding the head designer in testing ILogic drawing files and creating a guide on the use of ILogic files for other members of staff.
University of South Wales
Design Technology with QTS, Engineering Design Technology, 1st Class Honours
2016 – 2018
Results of study
Advanced technical skills 85%, Advanced design skills 88%, Advanced subject study 73%, IPD development 1 76%, IPD development 2 77%Dissertation protocol 85%, Dissertation 85%, Final project 92%.