Hand-grip Strengthening DeviceBlind
The product is a hand/wrist strengthening device to be used by 40-70 year old patients whom desire to improve their grip strength and regain their independence lost from age, disease or injury.
1. A two-handed device
2. Removable/replaceable endings that provide different grip options
3. Adjustable resistance for grip exercising that can be set at differing levels of resistance
4. Probably shaped like a flexible dumbell with a resistance rod in-between the two exchangeable hand-grips - but this is open to interpretation
5. Important that it can be used for wrist EXTENSION, not only wrist FLEXION - one of the hand grip options will need to be flexible rubber finger holes for this option
6. Connecting resistance rod should be quite flexible, durable and adjustable for varied resistance.
7. Prefer it does NOT require electricity or batteries - but still an option
8. Product should be 6-18 inches in size
9. Ease of use/simplicity in design is important
10. Product will be sold at a premium price-point, so needs to be robust and professional in look and feel
11. The end grip-cups would be best designed as ball-shaped and of a few different sizes and firmness, etc.
12. An additional end grip will be a finger-insert device (shaped like 5 finger rings connected together) and flexible for finger extension.
Colors are not important, but ease of use and pleasing ergonomic design that looks sturdy and can be offered to physical therapist professional use.
Do not want poorly thought-out design. We have ideas of what it SHOULD look like, but we are open to your creativity if it improves upon our design.
Any copy of any existing product for hand grip strengthening
- AutoCAD (Latest)
- SolidWorks 2022 —
- SolidWorks 2022 — ELLON KEY 5 mm
- SolidWorks 2022 — FINGER STRENGTHENING GRIP
- SolidWorks 2022 — HAND BALL
- SolidWorks 2022 — RUBBER STRIP HOLDER PART 2
- SolidWorks 2022 — HOLDER S HOLDER
- SolidWorks 2022 — last holder
- SolidWorks 2022 — RUBBER STRIP ASSEMBLY BOLT
- SolidWorks 2022 — RUBBER STRIP HOLDING BOLTS
- SolidWorks 2022 — RUBBER STRIP HOLTER PART 1
- SolidWorks 2022 — RUBBER STRIP
- SolidWorks 2022 — FULL ASSEMBLY WITH EXPLOADED VIEW
DiscussionShowing last 20 comments - View All
Thanks for making it Prepaid.
I submitted an entry. Your timely feedback is important.
1. It's very important the unit can be made with adjustable resistance. The adjustments should be able to be "set" to be reused at that resistance in future from (possibly 5 stops?) low-to-high options. So, a single spring connector is not the answer.
2. The unit will require flexible connection between end-caps to allow for full wrist range of motion. It won't be necessary for this portion of flexibility to be very high resistance, NOR will this part need to be adjustable. Think of it as if one was polishing a bowling ball with either/both hands.
3. A major requirement is the extensor finger grip hand grip as it should have a great ability to extend the fingers while engaging the twisting motion. So a solid finger hole shape is one acceptable option, but there will need to be another one that allows full finger extensions as well. Think of it like a thick rubber band wrapped around the fingernails.
4. The soft grip option (ball shaped?) should be form-fitting to a firm grip - perhaps it's a soft foam permanently glued to a solid round plastic base attached to the resistance rod.
I hope this helps us all get a clearer understanding.
You all are doing a fantastic job so far. Your creativity is critical and very helpful.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
1. Those t shaped pieces on the ends of the bar you drew. Is that an extending piece that you want to use to connect to the grips? If it's just that, I'm worried it might slip off easily during the twisting motions. Your manufacturer might have an idea to help prevent that, such as an extremely high friction rubber coating, or something to that end. Otherwise, I can put a slip-in-pin on the handle and bar that should keep it a bit more locked in place.
2. I see you have space for 5 resistance rods on the device. Should the bars be visible so that a patient and/or therapist can see what their resistance is, or do you want the resistance pars to fit internally so they cannot be seen?
3. Should the entire connecting rod be made of the one flexible material, the same as those small connecting pieces at the ends? Or would you rather have those connecting pieces be made of a harder material and later inserted into the connecting rod?
kindly share some reference images for better understanding
2) Is that required to be controlled/adjusted bending moment, extension force and twisting torque (all that characteristics simultaneously)?
3) Are ball-grip ends should be hard or soft (I mean you can crush/knead them in your hands)?
4) If ball-grip ends should be free to rotate, how they can transfer torque from hands to resistance rod?