General regulation plan, Coka, Serbia
the territory of the municipality coka lies in the eastern part of the pannonian plain, between the river tisa and zlatica. the territory of the coka municipality borders with the territories of four municipalities: novi knezevac in the north, at the east is kikinda, and senta and ada in the west. coka municipality consists of eight villages. coka is the center of the municipality and it is an old settlement. this is confirmed by the remains of material culture dating from the BC period. for this time there are several locations of which the most famous is "kremenjak". as the archaeological material from the "kremenjak" is characterized by certain peculiarities, in archeology has introduced the concept of "coka culture." the old name for the settlement is „caka“, that is, in Borovsk, personal name, and only later was transformed into „coka“.
In written documents, the place was first mentioned in 1247.
in the old yugoslavia, coka was predominantly an agricultural area. during the occupation in the WWII, lederer's estate was taken over by the germans and was included in the consortium "hermann goering werke." since 1945 the village coka was rapidly evolving.
coka is known as for the rich variety of wildlife and hunting reserve as the largest european bird - bustard.
coka has a major administrative role in the network of settlements and from the smaller percentage of agricultural households, it grew into a village with urban character.
analysis of demographic development was done on the basis of official statistical data in the period (hidden). according to the last census of 2011, in 8 settlements of coka live 11388 inhabitants, in the center municipality 35.29% of the population. coka, according to the latest census, it has 4019 inhabitants.